Thursday, January 26, 2012

ch 3

Why haven't fast food workers unionized and what tactics have management used to defeat union efforts?

I feel like fast foos workers have not unionized simply because they are scared. I feel like many of them can not afford to lose there job so they take a backseat and follow all the rules. They fear that if they try and start a union that they will be threown out of there company and never asked to return. I think that managements uses the tactics of fear and just making it very hard to get a union started. I have heard that its certain laws that need to be passed in order to form a union so now only does management make it hard but also the government makes it hard. I just feel like people are installed with fears and like no one will ever step up at the risk of losing 7.25 dollars and hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment